NOW HIRING: Creative Social Media Content Specialist (Contract)
Calling all future creative directors!
We’re looking for an individual who possesses a rare combination of creative skills – a resourceful, Jack (or Jill) of-all-trades with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our small and scrappy team.
Social media is what we do! Pinch Social is the city’s leading boutique social media agency, and the hosts/producers of Social Media Week Toronto.
In this exciting role, your job will be to run our content creation studio producing lots of social content for a variety of clients in various industries. You’ll wear multiple hats – for example:
- Digital Content Planner
- Creative Designer
- Photographer / Video Producer
- Online Copywriter
Digital Content Planner
You’ll work closely with our Account Director to support client needs, specifically planning creative concepts around client campaign calendars
- Graphic design of content for web and social profiles
- Working with software like Photoshop, Canva and others
- Sourcing images/graphics/stock photography
- Optimizing graphics for social media
- Developing info graphics, diagrams, etc.
- Producing ads for paid media like Facebook ads, banner ads, etc.
Photographer & Video Producer
- Opportunity to set up Pinch Social’s social content “studio” (select/upgrade equipment for social media photo shoots, product photography, etc.)
- “Social photography” with state-of-the-art iPhone/Smartphone
- DSLR photography – portraits, products, influencers, events etc.
- Shoot videos using smartphone, DSLR and/or video camera
- Work with video production software like iphone and third-party apps for designing social media videos, slideshows, animations, ads, etc.
- Understanding and adopting the client’s brand voice for social media
- Following trending topics, hashtags, memes, etc. online
- Writing content for social media posts in a voice that is on brand, on trend and appropriate for social media
- Producing written content for websites and blogs
Only candidates with the following skills should apply:
- Web and Social media expertise (active in social media)
- Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Google Drive and other cloud software
- Photography and Video skills
- Intermediate or Higher in Photoshop
- Exceptional writing skills (perfect English, grammar, etc.)
- Knowledge of Hootsuite or other Social Media software an asset
The ideal candidate is creative, clever, funny (for those LOL-worthy posts), hardworking and most importantly resourceful.
Bring a “can do” attitude – if you don’t know how to do it, you’re willing to keep driving ahead until you figure it out. It’s the startup way!
KEY INFO: If you don’t actively use and LOVE social media, this job probably isn’t right for you. Also, unfortunately we can only consider candidates who are 100% fluent in English at this time. Bilingual (English/French) is a bonus, but not necessary.
- Application: Cover letter, resume and portfolio of creative work (we’re looking for photos, graphic design, video and other work samples)
- Phone call, followed by Interview + Writing Test: A written test will be given on site as part of the interview process
Submit your application to email@example.com
- Recent grads and freelancers are welcome to apply
- On site client meetings, photo/video shoots and event coverage is sometimes required
- Mentorship/skills development – Get practical on-the-job training and coaching from experienced marketing professionals
- Networking opportunities – Meet Toronto’s social media industry through being part of Social Media Week and through attending workshops, events, and more!
- Flexibility – Part-time or flexible work arrangements will be considered. Working from home/remotely is acceptable/encouraged provided the work gets done. However, time in our downtown west office location is part of the job as well
- We are dog friendly – bring your pooch to work, or get to know ours!